The Digital Transformation megatrend is dramatically changing the way executives, management and employees collaborate and communicate in the workplace. With technology evolving at such a rapid pace, it's more important now than ever before to keep up your skill sets and adapt to new ways of doing business.
More than 50-percent of the jobs of tomorrow aren't even in existence at this time - infact no one has even thought of them yet! Continuous learning, personal development and coaching are a necessity in all aspects of life to survive and thrive the Digital Transformation megatrend that is just beginning.
Don't Be Left Behind - Why You Need to Own Your Personal Training
Many millennials value personal development as a priority, however a large percentage of bosses do not feel the same way. Protect your employability by taking charge of your life and investing in your personal development. You should NOT rely on your company to provide you with all the training you'll need to succeed. Everyone needs to "own" their own personal training to be able to compete and have the best jobs in the future - or risk being left behind. Learning and training will be continuous for the rest of our lives... for every industry and business - and in our personal life too.
Benefits of Continuous Personal Development and Training
Benefits of continuous personal development and training during this Digital Transformation megatrend include:
- Keeping up-to-speed with rapidly evolving and emerging technologies
- Improving performance and productivity by using the latest technology to do your job better and faster
- Increasing your knowledge and experience
- Communicating more effectively at all levels - with your peers, managers and customers
- Motivating and inspiring others
- Reducing stress levels by being proactive and taking charge of your life
- Increasing morale and motivation in the workplace
Over the last 20 years of helping companies increase productivity, we found that implementing a quality training program is the number one way to improve productivity and increase retention and morale in a company. The better your people know the latest software and cloud services, the more productive they can be.
Our Own Company Success Story
Five years ago in our own company, we moved from annual face-to-face training programs to cloud-based video training. We add lots of new software each year and want to learn without the added expense and time of traveling to training classes. We love how wonderful the training classes have been to watch and use to improve our skill sets. The instructors have been excellent. They know their stuff and do a great job in making the subjects interesting.
The top cloud training programs are broken down into self-paced short one-to-five-minute videos for each feature. As a result, you can stop and replay a section... if you space out for a moment. Tip: We try to watch one short video feature at the beginning of the day, during lunch or at the end-of-day... or when we have a little extra time to spare. Because the Training is cloud-based, you can also take unlimited classes when traveling, while home at night or over a weekend. You can watch on your iPhone, Android, iPad or Laptop. We've been using Lynda (which was purchased by LinkedIn in 2015) for the last five years.
Self-Paced Cloud Training Example:
Social Selling with Linkedin (Short Video)
Here are a few reasons we all like Lynda Training:
- Learn at your own pace 24/7
- Access to 1000+ Training Courses for one low price
- New training added weekly
- Closed-captioning on many courses
- Convenient video-web-based training
- Instructors who are experts in their fields
- No long-term commitment
- Programs available for schools, home, travel and businesses
- A smart way to stay up-to-date
- iPhone , Android and iPad Mobile Applications to watch training
- Start learning the moment you sign up!
Example Online Video Tutorials Subjects
- Office Skills including: Google Office, Microsoft Office and Apple Office apps
- Leadership and Management Skills
- Time Management
- Social - Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
- Smartphones including Apple iPhone and Android
- Sales and Marketing
- Finance and Accounting
- Web Design and Development
- Video and Digital Photography
Plus Hundreds More....
Click below to give the Lynda Training Program a try - FREE for 10-days... on us.
- Continuous learning for life is a requirement (NOT an option) to get jobs in the future
- Everyone needs to own their personal development and not expect your boss to do it
- Executives should increase their budgets for cloud-based Professional Video Courses
- You should invest in self-paced cloud training every week and month to keep up with all the changes
Please comment if you have found other companies that provide excellent web-based, lower-cost, self-paced training that could be useful for our readers. Thanks.
Photo credit: nenetus at freedigitalphotos