The Consumer Electronics Show (CES) featured more than 120,000 attendees, 2,500 exhibitors and 20,000 products....over 1.5 million square feet of show space to see. Over the last 2-3 years, CES became boring...with few new exciting products. Apple Macworld had most of the new buzz and fun announcements. Well.. not anymore!
The new decade started off with a bang. Lots of new exciting technology and products for 2010 and beyond.
After attending the show, we are most excited about the following product categories:
- Almost all new HDTVs will be connected to the internet (this is my favorite big trend) - Due by Christmas 2010
- A Samsung see-thru laptop screen prototype...Expect them in about 3-5 years
- Apple's Tablet - Not announced at CES but everyone is talking about it - Jan 27th is the big announcement
- Project Natal - Using your hand movements to navigate the TV or Computer is pretty cool - Expect Games later this year and other products next year
- Flip-like Easy-to-Use Video Cameras were everywhere
- eBooks or eReaders will continue to grow rapidly this year - We expect the high-end eReaders to be be replaced with Tablets by 2011
- Blu-ray Players with 3D and Wi-Fi Internet Connections are due this summer
- Many Digital Cameras with GPS will wirelessly connect to your Internet Services
- HD Video Conferencing and Telepresence Systems will be available in 2010 for the Home, Home Office and Small Business at reduced prices using your HDTVs and Wireless Internet Connections
- Military-like flying toys that are wirelessly controlled (using Wi-Fi) by an iPhone and delivers a live video feed in flight - Very cool and due this summer
Many articles and TV Shows focused on the new 3DTVs. They looked terrific. However, we don't think most people are going to charge up their $100 3D-TV glasses every night to watch TV shows.
We do expect the 3D Adult videos (that are due out in the fourth quarter of 2010) to be responsible for many of the 3D HDTV sales during the next 1-3 years. Over the last two decades, the Adult industry always implemented new video technology products before the mainstream companies.
2010 CES List of Top New Product Updates Our Top 10+ CES 2010 show Products