Does the fast pace of changing technology stress you out? You’re not alone. It seems almost impossible to keep up with the accelerating pace of emerging technologies and information overload these days. It’s no wonder that executives, managers and employees are feeling stressed out trying to adapt and adjust to all the disruptions and changes taking place in organizations around the world. And this is just the beginning...
Gartner predicts that by 2020, 75% of businesses will transform to digital - or at least be in the process of changing.
So how do you deal with all this change and technology-related stress in your workplace? One way of managing your stress effectively is through Mindfulness Meditation. Many of the top CEOs in the world are now practicing meditation and promoting it to their employees.
“Meditation is a major part of my life” - Marc Benioff, Salesforce CEO
“Meditation is my single most important productivity tool…” - Jeff Weiner, LinkedIn CEO
"Disconnecting from our technology to reconnect with ourselves is absolutely essential for wisdom" - Arianna Huffington, Editor-in-Chief, Huffington Post
"Our top 3 core values: joy, mindfulness and compassion" - Steve Kerr, Golden State Warriors Head Coach
Consider having daily guided meditations or create a tranquil environment where people can sit and meditate to recharge their batteries. Or simply take a moment to stop whatever you’re doing and breathe mindfully.
Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff is a big proponent of meditation and mindfulness. So much so that he recently installed meditation rooms on every floor in one of his new office buildings in San Francisco. By cultivating inner stillness and mindfulness at work, he believes that his executives, management teams and employees are more productive and innovative.
Mindfulness Meditation is about being mindful and paying attention to the present moment - it's an invaluable tool for self-growth. In business, learn how to use meditation to relieve stress, increase focus, promote awareness and creativity, sharpen memory and attention, lower blood pressure, improve productivity, and boost mental clarity, concentration and decision-making.
So how do you get started? Simple... just follow our 10 meditation tips below:
10 Tips To Meditate Every Day
- Commit to meditating for just 1 minute a day to start… and do it every day. After a week, meditate for just 5 minutes a day and do it for 21 days until it becomes a habit. Gradually work your way up to your ideal time (it may be 10, 15, 20, 30 minutes or more).
- Choose a good time of the day or night to meditate. Stick to that time as best you can so it becomes a habit and part of your daily routine.
- Find a quiet place to sit in stillness - your house, office, car, outside in nature... Mute your phone and mobile devices so you won't be distracted. If at home or at work, tell family members or office staff that you don't want to be disturbed.
- Set a timer to the amount of time you want to meditate.
- Select music that you like on your smartphone… or take a guided meditation lesson… or meditate in silence… whatever works for you. Use headphones if needed.
- Sit up straight, relax your shoulders and close your eyes.
- Focus on your breathing. Start with 5 deep breaths. Inhale through your nose and exhale deeply through your mouth. Next, inhale and exhale through your nose.
- Don't be discouraged if your mind wanders. We'd be surprised if it didn't! You'll have good days and better days... Just keep it up and it will get easier.
- Practice, practice, practice! Meditate a little bit every day and it will do wonders for your physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. The benefits are so worth it!
- Reward yourself. Treat yourself to a little something after successfully meditating for a week, 21 days, a month... you get the idea. Maybe it's a cupcake, an ice-cream or a pizza... maybe it's seeing a movie with a friend... maybe it's a stroll in the park, a hike or a walk along the beach.
Here's our 10 Tips To Meditate Every Day Infographic:
Start Meditating Today - New Online Self-Paced Guided Meditations
Take our easy online self-paced guided meditation and start meditating today!
- "Mindfulness Meditation: 7 Simple Steps To Zen"
(course includes a 60-second Quickie Meditation to get you started)
Contact us for more information on Meditation Coaching and Stress Management.