Apple had their big product announcements event in September this year. The new iPad Pro and the iPhone 6s (and 6s Plus) are two products that can actually be used to increase your sales productivity. Here are a few ideas on how you can do that.
Apple iPad Pro
- The new larger Apple iPad Pro is a major improvement for making small group Executive Presentations. An iPad is now large enough to present or demo to 2-3 customers without the need for using a projector. The higher resolution screen is wonderful for seeing the details of your information and the new four speaker sound system eliminates the need for extra speakers.
- Review your Trade Show Booth equipment and evaluate if you can use the new iPad Pro for your demos and presentations. The new iPad Pros will be lighter to ship, carry and use for sales professionals during the show.
- There's a new specially designed separate Keyboard for faster input.
- You can also turn the new iPad Pro into a large real-time Dashboard. The StatusBoard application from Panic Inc is one example application.
iPhone 6S (and 6s Plus)
- The new 3D Touch feature presents menus and information with one touch verses multi-touch. Why is the New "3D Touch" feature so important to user productivity? The latest studies show that we use our smartphones over 200 times per day (or 1,400 times per week) to carry out tasks. If you can just save 5 seconds per app touch, the time savings adds up fast each day (and week). We're talking 1-2 hours per week of time saved.
- We all know that we shouldn't hold our smartphones while driving. Unfortunately, many of us still do :( Well... the new iPhone 6s lets you get some extra work done safely and hands-free while driving. The Siri wireless assistant is now "always on" and it's safer to do some work while driving. Did you know that you can have Siri Read, Replay and Create New Text (iMessages) and eMails? Siri will also dial any phone numbers in your phone / contacts app.
The new features help you continuously improve productivity and spend more time selling.
Bonus: Apple is officially going Enterprise
In addition to the new hardware, Apple has recently announced big partnerships with both IBM and Cisco. Apple users will see a big improvement in productivity by combining the highly rated Apple devices with the best enterprise systems.
The IBM deal has already resulted in new vertical enterprise solutions using the full line of Apple products. The Cisco partnership will result in Apple products being seamlessly integrated with enterprise networking and phone systems. So... when you walk into a company office using Cisco Networking and Phone Systems (and you're officially authorized by the company), your iPhones, iPads and MacBooks will just connect and work.
All good news for sales teams everywhere :)