Here is a low-cost tip for quickly Improving Sales Productivity: Get Sales and Marketing to talk to each other!
Unfortunately, Sales and Marketing Teams do not always work together very well. Sales Productivity often suffers as a result of having different metrics and goals. When the Teams do work together to focus on improving the existing sales process… sales results quickly go up and the cost of selling goes down. This is a “must-have” in today’s business environment.
Here is a simple plan on how to get Sales and Marketing to quickly work together and focus on improving sales productivity in 90 days.
Simple Action Plan
- Create a small team to focus on sales productivity
- Summarize your current sales and marketing metrics
Click here for Five Key Sales and Marketing Metrics (or Ratios)
- Document the existing sales process – Keep it simple
- Brainstorm ideas on how to improve the process and metrics
- Prioritize the top 3 ideas
- Implement the top changes
- Create a spreadsheet with the metrics, measure your progress and report your results
- Celebrate your sales productivity successes together
When you are in the middle of this project, just think about this quote:
“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” C. Malesherbes